What Is a pumpkin spice latte?
A pumpkin spice latte has a cozy mouthful spice flavor that’s sweet, but not too sweet. Regardless, this is your go-to coffee drink as it returns to the menu.
Pumpkin is very nutritious and is rich in vitamin A. “It’s a source of fiber and potassium, which is great for your heart health,” says Amanda Beaver, a health specialist at Houston Methodist. We all know that a simple pumpkin spice latte at a coffee shop is more than just coffee and pumpkin puree, and that’s where this pumpkin-taste results may be low on the favorite healthy scale.”
What is Pumpkin Spice Latte made of?
Every coffee shop makes a pumpkin spice latte slightly differently, but the basic ingredients are the same:
- Milk: You can use any type of plain-flavored milk you like best in this latte. It’s traditionally made with cow’s milk. You can also use barista-style oat milk.
- Pumpkin pure: Pumpkin pure makes this pumpkin spice latte so tasty. In your local market’s canned section, you can find them.
- Espresso: You can use espresso or very strong coffee to make your latte.
- Maple syrup: This is always like a default dessert choice. However, honey or agave can also be used if desired.
- Pumpkin Pie spice: Homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe (made with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves), but you can also buy a jar of pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice.
- Vanilla Extract: A little vanilla extract goes a long way and makes the latte even more delicious.
- Whipped cream: This is completely optional but adds some whipped cream on top for the perfect treat
Pumpkin spice latte recipe
Pumpkin spice latte is not very difficult to make. You can easily make it at home with some ingredients. This easy homemade pumpkin spice latte comes together in just about 10 minutes and 4 easy steps:
Heat the milk: Pour your milk of choice into a small pot and heat over medium-low heat until it is hot and almost boiling. Be careful not to boil the milk.
Mix the ingredients: Make your espresso or coffee and pour it into a large mug or glass mason jar. Now mix in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until well combined.
Froth the milk: Use a milk frother to froth your milk for about 30 seconds or until foamy, then pour into the mug on top of the pumpkin espresso mixture. You can reserve the extra foam, and spoon it on top.
Top & enjoy: Feel free to top with whipped cream if you wanna get a little fancy. Sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin spice or cinnamon and enjoy.
That is how you can easily make a pumpkin spice latte at home.
This pumpkin spice latte is not only delicious but also healthy for your body. This will surely get your buzz going for the day in a good way.
Hi! My name is Damian, I live in Chicago since 2015, and I am a photographer, traveler, and coffee drinker.
You can learn more about interesting places in Chicago and around the world how to take good photos of them and find a decent cup of coffee on your way!
Honorable Mention Award from “MIFA” – Moscow International Foto Awards.