Lemon Broccoli Pasta
- 1 lbs of Pasta (farfalle or fusilli work well with the broccoli)
- 2 Crowns of Broccoli
- 2 Large Lemons (for juice and zest)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2-3 Pinches of Crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bunch of salt
- Optional: Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Wash your veggies.
- Chop the broccoli.
- Juice the lemons.
- Zest one of the lemon rinds.
- Once the water is boiling add a bunch of salt and wait for it to heat back up.
- Start cooking pasta, stirring occasionally.
- (While pasta cooks partially), heat a separate pan on medium.
- Mince garlic and lemon zest.
- Add olive oil to the second pan.
- Add crushed red pepper to the oil.
- (A couple of minutes before the pasta will be ready), add broccoli to boiling pasta.
- Drain pasta and broccoli together, saving a little bit of salty water.
- Add garlic and lemon zest to the chili flakes in oil.
- (When your nose knows), add lemon juice to the oil, immediately followed by pasta and broccoli.
- Lower heat and stir.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of salted pasta water while still combining.
Hi! My name is Damian, I live in Chicago since 2015, and I am a photographer, traveler, and coffee drinker.
You can learn more about interesting places in Chicago and around the world how to take good photos of them and find a decent cup of coffee on your way!
Honorable Mention Award from “MIFA” – Moscow International Foto Awards.