Cooking project with my good friend John. Having fun with good food ?, beer ?, and camera ?, learning and exploring videography in a fun way.
Lemon Broccoli Pasta
- 1 lbs of Pasta (farfalle or fusilli work well with the broccoli)
- 2 Crowns of Broccoli
- 2 Large Lemons (for juice and zest)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2-3 Pinches of Crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bunch of salt
- Optional: Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Wash your veggies.
- Chop the broccoli.
- Juice the lemons.
- Zest one of the lemon rinds.
- Once the water is boiling add a bunch of salt and wait for it to heat back up.
- Start cooking pasta, stirring occasionally.
- (While pasta cooks partially), heat a separate pan on medium.
- Mince garlic and lemon zest.
- Add olive oil to the second pan.
- Add crushed red pepper to the oil.
- (A couple of minutes before the pasta will be ready), add broccoli to boiling pasta.
- Drain pasta and broccoli together, saving a little bit of salty water.
- Add garlic and lemon zest to the chili flakes in oil.
- (When your nose knows), add lemon juice to the oil, immediately followed by pasta and broccoli.
- Lower heat and stir.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of salted pasta water while still combining.
Either plate the dish and enjoy, or top pasta with nutritional yeast, parmesan cheese, or crushed pistachios.
Hi! My name is Damian, I live in Chicago since 2015, and I am a photographer, traveler, and coffee drinker.
You can learn more about interesting places in Chicago and around the world how to take good photos of them and find a decent cup of coffee on your way!
Honorable Mention Award from “MIFA” – Moscow International Foto Awards.