You may have already heard of babyccino, as it is gaining popularity around the world, but do you really know what babyccino is?
The name of this drink sounds a bit like cappuccino, but there is no coffee in it. Babyccino is actually made for children.
If you often go to a cafe with your kids, they might get a little bored and get your attention while you’re just trying to enjoy your coffee. You can keep your kids calm and satisfied by ordering a delicious babyccino!
So let’s see what Babyccino is and how to make it?
What is a babyccino?
The babyccino is thought to have been invented in Australia or New Zealand. It seems that these two countries often argued over the invention of the drink, as they also disagreed on the origin of the flat white.
A babyccino is a coffee-free drink, served in coffee shops and cafes. It is made of steamed and textured milk that is sprinkled with cocoa powder. A Babyccino is served in a cappuccino cup.
At some coffee shops, babyccino is available with 0.5 oz. (15 g) chocolate sauce.
You can easily make a homemade babyccino for your child.
I’ve included a few recipe options so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and desires.
So here’s how to make a babyccino at home:
- Over medium heat, Pour 4 fl. oz milk (120 ml.) into a saucepan
- Let it heat up gently for about 2 to 3 minutes. If you have a thermometer heat the milk until it reaches 104°F to 113°F (40°C to 45°C).
- Whisk the milk with a drink mixer/milk shaker. These devices are great for homemade coffee drinks, as they mix coffee syrups well and pour milk beautifully.
- Pour the frothed milk into a cup and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Topping off your Babyccino with cinnamon instead of cocoa is also an option.
- Another option would be to add a 0.5 oz. Pour the chocolate sauce (15 g) into the cup before pouring the milk. If you do, your child will need to stir the drink to mix the ingredients.
- You can use homemade chocolate sauce.
The latter is really tasty, 100% vegan, and perfect for making homemade coffee drinks, like marocchino or dark chocolate mocha.
Frothing the milk with cocoa, chocolate sauce, or some flavored syrup is also a great idea if you don’t mind adding sugar to the babycino.
What is the nutrition information for Babyccinos?
The nutritional information for your Babyccino will depend on whether you use chocolate or just milk. The type of milk you use will also make a difference.
If you use the standard Starbucks babyccino recipe (plain frothed milk in a 2 oz. espresso cup), your baby will get 34 calories, 1.84 grams of fat, 2.56 grams of carbs, and 1.83 grams of protein.
At what age can a child have a Babyccino?
If your baby is six months old, they can enjoy a babyccino with you at your local coffee shop. But be sure to contact your pediatrician if you have concerns.
Enjoying a Babyccino at a coffee shop with your little one can be a fun way to spend some time. Making your own babyccino at home can be a special bonding time with your kids.
Hi! My name is Damian, I live in Chicago since 2015, and I am a photographer, traveler, and coffee drinker.
You can learn more about interesting places in Chicago and around the world how to take good photos of them and find a decent cup of coffee on your way!
Honorable Mention Award from “MIFA” – Moscow International Foto Awards.